First Home Buyers
We love helping first home buyers
One of the most rewarding experiences for our brokers is helping customers into their first home. Whether you’ve just started thinking about buying, or already have a pre-approved loan from your bank, it’s never too late to talk to one of our brokers. We will work tirelessly to find the right loan for you.
Find out more about how we can help.
First Home Buyers
When you’re buying your first home it's natural to feel a little anxious facing so many major decisions at once. We can take some of that stress (but not the excitement!) out of buying your first home.
Why use AMH Money
With an AMH Money broker working for you, you can expect:
- Great service and support every step of the way – not just during the application process, but as long as you have a loan.
- The loan that is right for you. We won’t stop looking until we find it.
- You’ll be kept well-informed throughout the application process.
- Help completing the required documentation, including an application for the First Home Owners Grant if eligible.
- Peace of mind knowing that all our brokers are fully accredited, and members of the MFAA (Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia) or FBAA (Finance Brokers Association of Australia).
Applying for the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)
As a first-time buyer you may be eligible for the FHOG – a scheme that grants $5,000 to $25,000 to first home buyers.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Be buying or building your first home in Australia.
- Intend to live in the home as your primary residence within 12 months of settlement.
- If you purchase your first home with another person, you must both meet the eligibility requirements to receive the grant.
Your AMH Money broker will be able to tell you if you are eligible for the grant and help you with your application.
The AMH Process
Our process for getting the right loan for you
At AMH Money we have a streamlined approach to getting you a home loan. The time it takes to complete each stage will vary from customer to customer and in some instances a step might get skipped, but below is the process most of our customers go through.View Our Process
Your guide to making an offer
You’ve finally found the home you’d like to buy. Now the big question is, how much should you offer? Before you can answer that there are three things you need to be clear about.Read Our Buying Guide
5 mistakes first home buyers make
Buying your first property should be one of the most exciting times of your life, however for many it can quickly become one of the most stressful.
On top of all the decisions to be made, you’ll be exposed to a heap of advice which may cause you to question yourself. We’re not saying to disregard all advice, but wanted to share with you some of the common mistakes that first home buyers experience.Find Out More
Before unconditional approval can be granted there are several documents that the lender will need to see. Your AMH Money broker will tell you exactly what’s needed but here is a guide.Find Out More